The Definitive Guide To IP Ratings For Automotive Lighting
Night Armour Range
While we cover a huge range of LED lighting, our most common IP ratings are 68 and 69K. So for quick reference, these are defined below:
- IP68– IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against complete, continuous submersion in water.
- IP69K – IP rated as “dust tight” and protected against close-range high pressure, high-temperature spray downs
First Digit – Intrusion Protection
- No special protection
- Protection from a large part of the body such as a hand (but no protection from deliberate access); from solid objects greater than 50mm in diameter.
- Protection against fingers or other objects not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter.
- Protection from entry by tools, wires etc, with a diameter of 2.5 mm or more.
- Protection against solid bodies larger than 1mm (eg fine tools/small etc).
- Protected against dust that may harm equipment.
- Totally dust tight.
Second Digit – Moisture Protection
- No protection.
- Protection against condensation
- Protection against water droplets deflected up to 15° from vertical
- Protected against spray up to 60° from vertical.
- Protected against water spray from all directions.
- Protection against low-pressure water jets (all directions)
- Protection against strong water jets and waves.
- Protected against temporary immersion.
- Protected against prolonged effects of immersion under pressure.
What are the advantages of IP69?
In environments that require heavy wash-down, such as in the auxiliary lighting industry, the combination of water, chemicals, high pressures and temperatures can prove fatal for electronic circuits and instrumentation. The IP69 rating offers complete assurance that the piece of equipment that has undergone that tests is both durable and resistant and conforms to the highest protection rating on the scale.
How does a product achieve the IP69 rating?
Products bearing the IP69 rating undergo a challenging set of tests to ensure that they offer protection against penetration of high pressure, high-temperature water and dust.
ABOUT NIGHT ARMOUR
Night Armour is Australia’s affordable solution to high performance LED Lighting for your vehicle.
Featuring the latest technology and manufacturing methods, Night Armour is built and designed to outshine and outlast any other offering available. For a superior product and service, choose Night Armour!
© Copyright 2019. All Rights Reserved.